Tips for understanding Solar Energy
- About 5000 trillion kWh/year energy is incident over India's land area.
- Most parts receiving 4 - 7 kWh/m2/day.
- 1% of land area is sufficient to meet electricity needs of India till 2031.
- Most of India has solar insolation above 1800 kWh/ m2/ day.
- 250 - 300 clear and sunny days in a year.
Why rooftop Solar PV?
- On national level, reduces requirement of land for addition of solar capacities
- For consumers, it Reduces the dependency on grid power Mitigates diesel generator dependency Long term reliable power source
- For Power Utilities and Distribution companies, it reduces Day Peak load Demand Transmission, Distribution and conversion losses as power is consumed at the point of generation
- Most suitable for commercial establishments Max generation during peak usage time Solar power cost is close to the commercial power cost
1 KW of Solar Panel
- Generates 5 units per day
- Requires 10 sqm of shadow free rooftop space
- Panels come warrantied for 25 years